Sales RepresentativeDodge City, Kansas
Job TitleSales Representative
Requisition Primary LocationDodge City, Kansas
Waste Connections, Inc. is a locally managed waste collections, landfill and recycling company. This position is a high volume B2B selling, customer maintenance, and customer retention opportunity. It requires balancing current customer needs and retention, along with gaining new customer through active prospecting and networking. This is not a telemarketing position and we do not believe that solutions are a “one size fits all”. Business and relationships are built by face-to-face contact. There are daily requirements for prospecting, customer follow-up, reporting and interacting with operations and customer service team.
- Selling commercial waste removal and disposal services in and around the Dodge City, KS area.
- Preparing bids, weekly call reports, and cold calling new and existing customers.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business of commercial accounts.
- Interacting with customers, non-profit, business associations, and trade shows.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns, and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service.
- 70% of your time will be spent in your designated territory, prospecting, building relationships and exploring market opportunities.
- 30% of this position will be spent in the office doing team building, strategic planning, and account management.
- 2+ years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Personal vehicle and license to cover territory.
What We Offer:
- A competitive base salary plus commission.
- Guaranteed commission for the 1st three months.
- Company paid cell phone and Tablet
- Annual Chairman’s Club recognition for top national performers.
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account,
- Long term & short term disability
- Life insurance, 401K retirement