Scale Attendant/DispatcherBowie, Texas
Job TitleScale Attendant/Dispatcher
Primary LocationBowie, Texas
Waste Connections, is looking to hire a full time Scale Attendant/Dispatcher at our Transfer Station in Bowie, TX!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Hours are subject to change, but will generally be 8am-6pm Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays. Time and a half overtime rate is paid for worked hours exceeding 40 per week.
Starting pay will be $15 - $17/hour, DOE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scale Attendant Duties:
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the transfer station.
- Weighing trucks coming in and out and producing scale tickets.
- Nightly closing duties include balancing cash drawer and reconciling the POS system.
- Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Ensuring that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Work in conjunction with customer service and operations in order to resolve customer concerns such as missed pick-ups, misplaced containers, etc
- Assisting driver(s) when there is a route and/or customer concern.
- Entering and closing out work orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Multitasking of data entry, cash handling, scale traffic, radio and phone communications, and customer and employee interactions.
- Maintain a professional and enthusiastic demeanor.
- General office/administrative duties.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 years of cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- 2 years of dispatcher experience in a transportation or logistics atmosphere preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Etc)
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both orally and written.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)