Scale Attendant / Customer Service RepresentativeAvenal, California
Job TitleScale Attendant / Customer Service Representative
Requisition Primary LocationAvenal, California
Avenal Landfill, a Waste Connections company, is now hiring for a Scale Attendant / Customer Service Representative to join our team!
The schedule will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7am-3:30pm with half hour lunch, Wednesdays 7am-11:30am, and every other Saturday 7am-11:30am.
Starting pay will be $13/hour and we offer regular wage increases and great family benefits.
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the landfill.
- Weighing trucks in and out and calculating payments for customers.
- Track weight information from scale to computer system and get appropriate signatures.
- Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Answers phone in a professional and enthusiastic fashion.
- Performs full clerical and general office duties including filing, and helping our administrator with month end close.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ensuring that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Providing general upkeep of the Scale House.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Other office duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Prior cash handling experience required.
- Reliability and punctuality is a must.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)