Operations SupervisorCharlotte, North Carolina
Job TitleOperations Supervisor
Requisition Primary LocationCharlotte, North Carolina
Are you an Operations All-Star searching for a company that provides growth, stability, and promotional opportunities? Now is the time to learn more about Waste Connections in the Charlotte area!
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee's long term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team. Do you like working hard and playing harder? If the answer is YES, then you're who we're looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in 41 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada.Our 16,000+ employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity.Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you.At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Why you need to join us!
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people!We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
A Day in the Life of an Operations Supervisor:
• Assign and supervise work crews operating solid waste collection equipment.
• Monitors progress of daily operations, reassigns employees, and makes staffing changes as necessary.
• Helps develop and execute safety goals.
• Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
• Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collection programs.
• Performs reviews and performance management discussions.
• Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the Hauling Company.
• Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
• Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
• 3+ years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment
• Have or ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement, and relocation assistance.
Apply today and Connect with your Future!!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)